What is high fidelity radar target simulation?
Simulating radar targets can be accomplished at three injection points within the sensor:
- Between the antenna and the receiver – Low Fidelity Injection
- Analog signal greatly limits the fidelity and precision of simulated targets.
- Between the signal processor and the data processor – Medium Fidelity Injection
- Injecting digital targets into the sensor target processing subsystems offers more flexibility than low fidelity, but target and environment modeling are still limited.
- Predetermined detections with track processing software only.
- Between the receiver and the signal processor – High Fidelity Injection
- Digital injection of I&Q Data to simulate complex target and environment signature modeling may be achieved.
- Multiple channel simulation is possible.
To learn more or for a free system assessment, contact us.
Virtual Receiver/EXciter (VREX)
What Makes Up a Radar System?
Radar Development Challenges
VREX High Performance